Our Services

Our Services

Care Housing Association adapts its services according to the individual needs of our customers. They include:

  • Assistance with claiming housing benefit
  • Arranging for contractors to carry out works that are your responsibility
  • Assistance in providing furniture
  • Maintaining the homes to an excellent standard
  • Maintaining the safety of our homes
  • Advising on neighbour relationships and helping to resolve conflicts
  • A dedicated repairs service which can be accessed out of hours
  • Providing and maintaining household appliances
  • Grounds maintenance service


Care provide a direct line for customers through to John Southworth Builders (JSB) who handle all the responsive repairs* on behalf of Care. JSB will carry out repairs against the following timescales:

  • Emergency repair – 4 hour response
  • Urgent repair – 4 days
  • Routine repair – 21 calendar days

However, Care understands that, given the vulnerabilities of our customers, it may be necessary to carry out what may normally be considered urgent or routine repairs much quicker than would be expected. This being the case, Care has developed an excellent relationship with JSB and they are flexible to our customers’ specific needs. If you are a customer, or house manager, and wish to report a repair, please call 0800 014 9442. Alternatively, for non-urgent repairs, you can email chris@johnsouthworth.co.uk.

*Some of our newer schemes are further afield and outside of JSB’s operating area so P J Lilley Ltd handle our responsive repairs in Nottingham, Bolsover and North Lincs. They can be contacted on 0115 963 4230.

If your repair request relates to electrical appliances provided by Care, please call 01244 288 118.

Housing Management

Care aim to visit you at least once every 3 months to ensure that our customers are getting the most out of our homes. We are committed to being very flexible in the way in which we manage our properties so please feel free to contact us on 0345 437 7367 if you have any questions or suggestions to improve your home. This may include:

  • Tenancy related matters
  • Property adaptations / requests
  • Contractor performance